Question
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2004/01/05

Bulemia (Eating Disorder) Treatment Centres

I urgently need treatment centres in Johannesburg, have looked all over the internet with no success. Need contact telephone numbers and address ! Thanks

Dear Blue Eyes
The only contact information I have is for Netcare Rehabilitation (011) 489-111. However, it may help to also phone the Kenilworth Clinic in CT at (021) 797-1400 and to ask them for a reference in Joburg.
Holding thumbs

3
Posted by: cookie monser | 2004/01/06

hi
thats a pleasure, im glad you got hold of them.
just one more thing, if she does go on the program i suggest she continues to see a nurse therapist and psychologist and has her weight monitored when she leaves. I didnt do any of that and unfortunately had a relapse.
all the best...

Reply to cookie monser
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2004/01/06

Thanks very much for your reply, I have contacted them. It is my sister that is suffering from Bulemia. I have been struggling to find places that treat eating disorders and could not really find anything of use on the internet either I really appreaciate your help ! THANKS ! :)

Reply to Blue Eyes
Posted by: cookie | 2004/01/05

hi
so sorry to hear youre sick. i STRONGLY recommend
the eating disorders unit in TARA hospital. (011-535-3043/2)
its not easy, i myself was there for 4 months with anorexia but i can promise you it does works if you let it work! ive been to other more fancy, expensive clinics which were useless!
all the best

Reply to cookie