Posted by: lizzy | 2008/06/27

"buffalo hump" PLEASE HELP

Hi there,

My Gp referred me to an endocronologist for a problem I have called a "buffalo hump"- a slight hump at the base of my neck / top of my back. I cannot afford this at the moment as the consult alone is almost R1000 and that doesnt include any tests that they do and I am not on a medical aid. Is there ANY way to treat this without seeing a specialist ie through diet or exercise?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Lizzy

Thank you for visiting

Unfortunately, you will not be able to treat the hump with a diet or exercise. It is possibly a hormone inbalance that is causing the fatty deposit (hump). Therefore, I suggest that you consult a specialist to have the necessary tests done.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.