Question
Posted by: Cazzie | 2003/03/07

Bubbles from faeses

Hi there Doc

Can you Please help.

I never had thousands of little air bubbles coming from my faeses
when I pass a stool.There is so much of these bubbles that it is hard to see the stool
in the loo.
What can cause this and what can I do to get rid of it.

Cazzie, it sounds like you ate too much soap. :-). Seriously though, it sounds like it might be due to a malabsorption problem and that “soap” is then formed in the stools when these unabsorbed product combine. The best would be to send stool away for MC&S and biochemistry and find out what the problem is. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Cazzie | 2003/03/10

I also think that was very funny and I feel much better already.
I thought that the sugar tasted a litlle soapy a while ago and the washing was a little sticky

Reply to Cazzie
Posted by: Maggie | 2003/03/09

Hey Doc -I dunno if you helped Cazzie but you sure helped cheer ME up.

Hey Caz, join me in a good old belly laugh.....Doc here was very funny i.e. the soap ha ha ha ha ha ha ha a!!! Now NEITHER of us needs a Doc. cos we're much better now ha ha ha ha ha.....So nice to meet a Doc with a good sense of humour.

Reply to Maggie