Question
Posted by: Normal or Not. | 2008/01/31

Brutal sex.

Hi.

I'm worried and want to know if I should be, or if this is normal. I have been sexually molested daily (well, whenever he was home) by my father and other men, from the age of 6 to 16. I never had a problem with sex, but was, and is, rather obsessed with it.

My father used to be agressive about it and often strangled, choked or near drowned me while doing his business. Thing is, I started to like my sex violent. I like to be handled rough while on it.

I recently started watching rape movies on the computer and find that really turns me on. But now normal sex seems so pointless and stupid! Do I have a problem, or is this normal for someone in my position?

I am a woman.

Thank you.

Becoming somewhat obsessed about sex is one of the recognized possible results of earlier molestation, as is an unfortunate interest in situations that in some ways repeat the insult that was done to you earlier. Yes, you do have a problem, which seems to be limiting your capacity to enjoy ordinary sex, and which could be highly dangerous if you were ever to be tempted to dabble in situations seeking rough sex. See a good CBT oriented therapist, and work this through.

3
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/31

Hi Normal or not, I dont think its normal to want to have or perform brutal sex, but it is normal, with your background to have a different concept of sex. It really is important for you to get therapy, it might be very painful to go through, and at times you will really have to grit your teeth, but the only answer is therapy. Going after or searching for this type of sex could get you in the wrong company and on the wrong road altogether. Please take care and I really hope you will find the help you so desperately need.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Normal or Not. | 2008/01/31

I should mention too, that I feel terrible for the victims on these vids because I know what they're going through, and lust often turns to hate towards these men which makes me depressed and confused. Some of the images will maul in my head for weeks, even months. On the one hand I love it, on the other, I hate the men on and for it.

Reply to Normal or Not.
Posted by: Sue | 2008/01/31

This is usually the case (from what i hear) what happens to people that have been abused... they either become obsessed or they hate sex.

If you were you i would go see a counseller or someone regarding this.

Reply to Sue