Question
Posted by: Bruised | 2004/12/15

Bruises covering my body

I am covered in bruises! I don't know what is going on. My legs, my arms, my bum, I need to wear long pants since I can't expose my legs.
Please tell me what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Bruised, someone else asked more or less the same question four and a half hours before you did. Hope you don’t mind if I cut and paste you the answer I sent her. Good luck.
“it might be that you suffer from purpura simplex. Purpura simplex or easy bruising is the most common vascular bleeding disorder and is characterised by increased bruising due to increased vascular fragility. It is more common in women and bruises develop without any history of trauma on the thighs, buttocks and upper arms. There is no history of other abnormal bleeding, but there might be family members suffering from the same problem. Sufferers have a normal full blood count and clotting profile, and no drugs seem to prevent it.
Purpura simplex is not serious, but making the wrong diagnosis is. My advice would be that you go for a good physical examination by a specialist physician, have a full blood count, liver functions and a clotting profile done, and maybe avoid aspirin containing drugs (seldom a cause).”