Question
Posted by: Alicia | 2007/11/28

Bruises

I've notice that I have started getting these purplish blueish bruises on my boday more especially on my legs & to my knowlegde I have bash myself against anything.
I had one from the biginning of the year below my calf & it's still visible.
On my last visit to a GP he said that it's probably raptured blood vessels I that I should just get repo gel from the pharmacy.
Recently I notice another one on my left leg & it looks blackish.

I would like to know why this is happening & what can be done to prevent it from occuring & if it is harmful or may have any future effects.

Awaiting your reply
Alicia

Dear Alicia
Ask your doctor just to check your coagulation factors, platelet count and liver function. If this is normal, this may be spiderveins that can be treated with laser by a dermatologist.