Question
Posted by: Vindle | 2008/01/11

Brownish Discharge - Bloated feeling

I've had a bloated stomach for the past 5 days (hugely uncomfortable) and thought I might be pregnant. I've also had a brownish discharge on and off for a while lately. I've had a home pregnancy and blood test which all showed negative. I am due to get my period in 4 days time. Could the pregnancy tests be taken too soon? I am hoping to be pregnant but I have also had no other symptoms eg. tender breasts etc. The brownish discharge is only visible after wiping when I go to the loo. What could be wrong and could I still be pregnant by a week or two? Should I just wait to see if I get my period or should I go for a pap smeer urgently?

This is most likely PMS with some premenstrual spotting. If youi have not had a pap smear in the last year, you should have one.

1
Posted by: M's | 2008/01/11

I also thought I was pregnant, had the brownish discharge after wiping, my period came today. Yes you can test too soon, wait until you should have your period and then test again, wait till maybe a day or 2 after. Then you will know, that is to say if no menstruation came be then...

Good luck.

Reply to M's