Question
Posted by: Just wondering | 2008/01/23

Brownish discharge

I am on yasmin and my last 2 periods i skipped by starting a new pack of pills as we were camping the whole holidays. Now, i have this like brownish discharge - it doesnt really smell, and it is not all the time. Should i be worried, or just wait for my period to start in about two weeks and see if it clears up then. The discharge is similar to when i just finish periods. Is there anything i should take to clear it up, or just wait it out?

Wait it out. That would be the best thing. This can happen when you skip periods.

4
Posted by: Just wondering | 2008/01/25

Thank you!

Reply to Just wondering
Posted by: Maya | 2008/01/24

This can happen when you miss more than one period. Just carry on with yuor pill as normal until your period in 2weeks time. After that it should settle again:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: Just wondering | 2008/01/23

I am not suppose to start my periods for another 2 weeks and i have skipped 2 months with the pill on purpose. Is this still suppose to be normal then? Thanks for your reply though!

Reply to Just wondering
Posted by: aNON | 2008/01/23

I get the same discharge before and after my periods. My gynae informed this is normal and not all women have this. It can be as a result of hormonal changes and sometimes the brown is blood that flowed very slowly and therefore lost it red colour.

Reply to aNON