Question
Posted by: Warren | 2012/02/09

BROWN FLECKS IN MY CATS EYES

Please can you advise.

I have noticed that my 11year old male cat has got brown flecks in his eyes. I noticed one or two over the past few years but they have become more over the past year.

He is also extremely huge around the abdomen. It is extremely taught. The vet says he is just fat. But he does not eat. He eats a sml handful of Hills CD in the morning and in the evening. The CD is because he has always had kidney and bladder problems.
He seems extremely uncomfortable and awkward.

Hi Warren

It is difficult to pass comment on the brown specks, as you need to define their location in/on the eye. The discoloration could be anything from an iris freckle to a corneal sequestrum.
If you think that your cat is overweight try and a) enrich his environment so that you increase his activity e.g. the use of a laser pointer, b) avoid treats and snacks, c) feed according to weight and d) feed a low calorie Hill’s C/D. Please ensure that your cat has been examined by a vet before undertaking the above. Also check to ensure that you cat does not have diabetes mellitus or any other underlying condition.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

2
Posted by: Warren | 2012/02/15

The specks are at the bottom of the eye and have become larger.

Reply to Warren
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/02/14

Hi Warren

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet