Question
Posted by: desperado | 2005/12/12

Brown Discharge in Pregnancy

Dear Doc

Please help, I'm currently 8 weeks prenant and since yesterday I have a brownish discharge. Its only a very little bit.
it's also not flowing but more like tiny slimy/dry brownish tissue coming out of me when I wipe

I'm already on Utrogestan since I did have a miscarriage at 4 weeks the last time and could not really see or feel the difference between my period or miscarriage

Is this normal for me now? I'm so scared and my doctor's "stand in" can only see me on Wednesday :-(

It is not normal. You should see your doctor. Tomorrow will be fine.

1
Posted by: V | 2005/12/12

I had a miscarraige in August and had the same problem with the brownish discharge after I had a DNC done. I used the same medication that you mentioned. It continued for a few weeks then disappeared. Then I found that I was pregnant again. The discharge continued for my first three months. My gynie gave me other medication (sorry luv can't get to the name now, will check at home). That help....but my case was I had infection after the DNC which was not picked up. I was booked off for a few weeks..needed bed rest.
I am almost 5 months pregnant now, baby is doing well.

Don't stress yourself and your little one too much. Relax, put your feet up.

Wishing you everything of the best with your appointment.

Reply to V