Question
Posted by: Preggies | 2006/10/26

Brown discharge - 6 wks pregnant

Hi All

I am finally pregnant - thank you for all the advise and support from the Forum.

I am 6 weeks today. Since yesterday, on a few occasions I would notice brown discharge (not heavy very minimal) on the tissue paper after wiping myself. Is this normal? It's my first pregnancy and I am a bit concerned. Please advise

You should phone your gynaecologist and have this checked out. It could be normal but could be the start of a miscarriage.

3
Posted by: Fatiema | 2006/10/26

Hi Preggies,

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and also experienced the same at 6 weeks. My doctor said I shouldnt worry as long as I'm not bleeding. This brown discharge is called implementation bleeding.

Reply to Fatiema
Posted by: preggis | 2006/10/26

THIS ALSO HAPPENED TO ME, WENT TO THE DOC
HE SAID IT WAS MISCARRIAGE, I WAITED THINKING HE WAS MAD, FOR SURE AFTER 2 MONTHS IT HAPPENED I MISCARID THEN WENT TO DO A CLEANING OF THE
WOMB WHICH THEY CALL WOMB SCRAP, IT WAS ONLY 1 MONTH PREGNACY. PLIZ GO TO YOUR DOC SOON.

Reply to preggis
Posted by: Trixs | 2006/10/26

I think you must phone your doc asap and find out.Maybe there is a problem with the pregnantcy.I know i had a previous mc at 9 weeks and also start bleeding. Their say no bleeding is good in early pregnancy,but I dont want to scare you but maybe someting else is wrong.

21wks(today)

Reply to Trixs