Question
Posted by: Marilize | 2003/12/08

Brown Discharge???

I usualy have a 29 - 31 day cycle. This month on day 25 i got a brown discharge I'm now on day 29 and it is still their. Some times it's alot more. Must I see this as my period or what could it be? I've had terrible pain (where my ovaries are) around my ovulation time this month (around the 14th - 18th). I'm not using any contraceptives (stoped Nuresiterate about 9 months ago) and trying to fall pregnant.

Thank you.
Marilize

It may be an implantation bleed. If your period does not come by Day 31, you could consider having a blood pregnancy test. Alternatively, wait 5 more days and do a home pregnancy test.

5
Posted by: Nix | 2003/12/08

Hi Marilize,

Well, I'll be holding thumbs for you and praying very hard! I really do hope that this is your month! Wait until your period is 5 days late and do a urine test, or as the doc said, you could do a blood test on Wednesday!

I have also learnt a lot from the site (didn't know about implantation bleeding either!!).

I am well thanks. This was my ovulation weekend, so we'll see if I am lucky before Christmas?! Are you going away? I'll be on line all through Dec and Jan and hope you'll be around to chat to!

Keep me updated!

Luv
Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Marilize | 2003/12/08

Hi Kippie,

Thanx, but you know how it goes, i don't have much hope like I said to Nix. But I'll wait a few more days and see what happens. I'm on day 29 today so day 31 is Wednesday. But should anything happen I'll let you know.

I thought on Friday that it was my period starting, so I accepted that I'm not pregnant this month. And now doc mentioned that It could be implantation bleeding, i did'nt know that there was something like implantation bleeding till I read about it in the archives (I still have alot to learn. . . .) So now I'm getting my hopes up a little. Promise to let you know should anything happen. .

How are you and the little one doing? Are you starting to show yet??

(Please excuse my English and spelling sometimes, i'm acutaly Afrikaans speaking)

Lots of Luv.
Marilize

Reply to Marilize
Posted by: Marilize | 2003/12/08

Hi Nix,

Thanx for advise, yes I think I'll wait a few more days and see what happens. Must say don't have much hope.. . This is also the first time this has happened to me. And i dont know if I should see this as a period or what. Strange thing is that my breasts are very tender since last week and its not feeling better, but I usualy have tender breasts before my period. I'll just wait a few more days and see what happens.

How are you doing?

Kind Regards
Marilize

Reply to Marilize
Posted by: Kippie | 2003/12/08

Hi Marilize
Hope indeed that doc is right - will hold all thumbs and toes and what have you!!!!
When is day 31 for you?? Please let us know as SOON as you find out - take care my friend !!!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Nix | 2003/12/08

Hi Marilize,

Hope the doc can give you some advice. I don't think its your period unless you see red blood. I'd never had that before, but started with the same thing a few months ago. I was so excited I thought it was implantation bleeding. It turned out to be the start of my period and I had spotting for 5 days before my period came (on the normal day 28). Wierd!

I'd wait a few more days and see what happens. Hopefully your period doesn't arrive and then you can do a test in a few days time. I'll be holding thumbs!!!

Nix
xx

Reply to Nix