Question
Posted by: Sandi | 2007/12/04

Bronchospasm

Hi ,

I have bad allergies, and have been to the doctor and diagnosed with brinchospasm. He gave me a nebuliser yesterday, and has put me on an inhaler, nasal spray and antihistime. When can I start excercising safely again. My chest is still ver tight, I have had to use the inhaler twice today. I attend an hour excercise class three days a week wher we do a variety of excercises including about half an hour of cardiac.

Dear Sandi
Don't exercise until you feel that your chest is open as exercise in itself can trigger bronchospasm. Give the medication about a week's time to reduce the spasm and be effective.
See http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/591/main.html