Question
Posted by: LadyZ | 2007/05/09

Bronchopneumonia and diarrhea

My 2 yrs old give has been diagnose for bronchopnemonia and she wa having diarrhea. She slept in the hospital for seven days and she was treated for both. We left the hospital when she was having soft stool about 3 to 4 times a day.

We were given Zinc tables , Folic Acid and Ceralyte for her diarrhea. It been 7 days again and she is still having soft stool i'm very worried. It becaming very runny more especial in the morning. Its very big and runny in such a way that you many think it urine and after that she will go twice runny but very small.

Her medication is over now not sure what to give her. Or its normal. I'm giving her gastrolyte for rehydration because the ceralyte is over.

What can i give her or should i go and see another paed again.
The one i was using is in Durban i'm in Cape Town now.

Thank for your help God bless.

Expert ImagePharmacist

I'd go see another paed ASAP - In the meanwhile keep going with the rehydration solutions