Question
Posted by: Lola | 2007/12/06

Bronchitis or Pneumonia

Could you tell me what the difference is between bronchitis and Pneumonia? The symptoms seem similiar.

Dear Lola
Bronchitis is infection in the bronchial tubes of the lungs and pneumonia is infection in the lung tissue itself. The diagnosis is per x/ray as pneumonia causes consolidation ( areas that do not get any air in ) in the lung tissue, where as with bronchitis the lung tissue would get air. But you can get very sick from both conditions.

2
Posted by: vellie | 2009/04/06

I' ve got this irritating cough. If i cough, my chest and head pains, ears are itchy. I had a slight flu for about two weeks. My nose is not blocked.

Reply to vellie
Posted by: *** | 2008/06/12

Hi Dokter,
Ek het dinsdag dr toe gegaan om my ligte lugweg infeksie te stop voor dit erger raak. Ek drink Zithromycin 500 mg (3). Maar vanoggend 3h00 word ek toe wakker met 'n geweldige brand pyn oor my rug en borskas. Niks wou help nie en eventually het ek maar net probeer verder slaap. my stem is vandag ook weg. Is dit nodig om terug te gaan dr toe of kan u iets voor stel asb?
Dankie vir die moeite.

Reply to ***