Question
Posted by: Claire | 2004/10/05

Broken toe?

Hi CyberDoc,
I would like your opinion on something. I think I broke my little toe more than 8 weeks ago, and it seems to be struggling to heal-it is still sore (when i put pressure on it), red and slightly swollen. I have heard that nothing can be done about a broken toe. But does it take this long to heal and should I wait further until it does or do you suppose I should go see the doc about this?
Thanks for your time.

Claire, the best would be to have an x-ray taken and if it is broken, to “buddy-strap” the broken toe to the healthy one next to it. You can also take anti-inflammatories to help with the swelling and the pain. Good luck.