Question
Posted by: lazwap | 2007/04/29

broken relationships because of alcohol

Hi doctor, I desperately need help. Im in a relationship with a great guy and we've been together for five years. In those years we've broken up several times because of my alcohol abuse. I never know when I've had enough and I cant say no. I love this man so much and I know that its hurting him and that I might loose him but I carry on doing it. I dnt know how to stop. I need to stop my drinking in order to save our relationship. Ive tried before but always failed. he has always taken me back but I think this time is the last. Ijust dont understand why I continue hurting him although I love him that much. I salcohol really that big of a problem and does it really control your life as it does. Pls reply to my mail. I definitely need to know what I can do.

bye

OK, so maybe you have reached a point of really deciding that your drinking has to stop. You mention trying before, but you don't mention doing so with proper help. Get involved in AA, and see a goo local rehab program to help you to safely stop drinking, and to stay stopped. There's no possible question that alcohol can indeed be this big a problem, and even bigger ; and it can and does control your life --- your own story suggests that it has significantly been doing so. You need to stop drinking with all available help to stay stopped. You can do it, and need to do it.

1
Posted by: Britty | 2007/04/29

A friend of mine stopped the alcohol abuse with AA. You will find the help there that you are looking for. One of the best things about AA is having a sponsor as that person is an AA member and knows exactly how you are feeling and will always be there for you. Take care.

Reply to Britty