Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/01/16

Broken off nipples

Hi.Im in my early twenties & been having this problem for a couple of years now. Its strange but my nipples seem to break off. Its the small tip part that cracks, my underwear probably irritates it and it eventually falls off. Its kinda painful and gross to look at. I went to the doctor and she just came me cream. Im I normal coz I neva heard anyone else with this complaint before.I also have hair growing around my nipples, chest and stomach area.Its embarrassing, especially in my personal life.I'm scared as it mite affect breastfeeding one day.Please HELP!

Worried, it might be due to irritation, but it might also be due to an infection or a form of eczema. There is a very small chance that it’s a form of cancer called Paget’s disease of the nipple and that’s why getting a second opinion is a good idea. Good luck.