Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2007/12/10

broken metatacle

I broke the 5h metatacle in my foot in February. On a follw up x ray it turns out that the bone has not mended and the x ray report suggest inernal fixation.

Is it advisable to have an operation or can I live with it and what will the long term concequences be???

Hallo Wendy
Rather have it fixed, the broken bone will eventually cause a painful knob on or under your foot that will give endless problems. Internal fixation means that they put a wire through the bone to keep it in line and help it grow straight ( under anaesthetic of course)
dr Bets