Question
Posted by: Tona | 2007/03/29

Broken femur

knocked down by a car in June 2004.My femur was broken used cratches for 9 months and used them again for 7 weeks after they remove the pins and palate.

The things is my legs are no longer the same size. The one is bigger than the other one. I can't even wear skirts I feel embarassed.

What can I do to make my legs look great again ?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Tona:

There are 2 options of treatment for leg length discrepancy in adults. The first is the simplest and most non-invasive method, orthotics or raised shoe. Basically, the shoe of the shorter leg has a higher sole than the longer leg. The other option is called Callotasis, an operation where the leg is gradually lengthened with pins. It has been reported that up to 10cm can be gained from this operation, but you need to consider the high risks involved, such as damage to nerves and vessels with such an operation. I advise that you consult with an orthopaedic specialist about your treatment options

Go well.