Question
Posted by: Kevin Marais | 2010/12/15

Broken Collar bone

Son broke collar bone 3 weeks ago. Figure 8 used in emergency room. Now want to know if it can be removed.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

depends if the bone has started showing signs of healing. Ideally one would take a follow up X-ray to control the position of the bone fragments and to see if early healing has started. On the other hand if pain is better it is usually a sign that the brace can be removed. I figure if 8 bandage is rarely used these days other than in small children as that type of bandage cannot reduce a clavicle fracture in an older child or adult

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/12/16

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum