Question
Posted by: KAREN | 2005/07/06

Broken capillaries

I am not sure if you can advise me, but I woild still be grateful for your comments. I have very sensitive skin and it has taken two courses of Roaccutane to finally sort out my acne problem. Now I have developed several areas with broken capillaries on my nose. I religiously apply sunblock and do my best to stay out of the sun. What can be the cause of these broken capillaries and could you recommend a treatment please?

Karen, it might be due to irritation/inflammation or thin skin. The best would be to protect the skin as you’re doing and if it doesn’t clear up, to see your dermatologist. Good luck.