Question
Posted by: Jules | 2003/12/22

Broken blood vessels on surface of facial skin

I would like to know if there are any suppliments I can take to limit or heal broken blood vessels on facial skin? Maybe a stenghthening agent?

Expert ImageArchive

Broken blood vessels on the facial skin can be the result from a condition called acne rosacea that causes redness and flushing of the nose, cheeks and over a long time can lead to what is commonly called a brandy nose, since alcohol and stimulants tend to increase the flush of these blood vessels.
Other causes can be genetic, and sun damage to the surface blood vessels.
Flavinoids are the supplements that normally protect blood vessel damage, so herbs such as eyebright, billberry, and vitamins such as C, E are the best to protect against this damage.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)