Question
Posted by: Breakup | 2003/12/12

Broken

My girlfriend broke up with me this morning after 2.5 years. I am totally gutted. I feel physically sick. We are both still in love, but she says she is confused about the direction her life is going in and wants to go overseas. I want to stay. I don't know what to do. I really feel empty and dead inside. I don't know how to handle this. I have never been throuhg such a tough break up. I am still very much in love with her, and she says she loves me, so it is confusing. She says she just wants to live her life, but I don't fit in it. DOn't really need any advice, I just felt like talking. I'll get over it eventually, it just feels so damn hurtful now

Dear breakup
Funny, in the bad old days, going overseas wasn't an available option or excuse. To break up with you and part is never a loving thing to do, never the action of someone who is genuinely loving. if she needs to work out some details of her life plans, she wont find the answers over There, but right inside here, by counselling and working directly and franklym on her own problems.
of course this hurts like hell, and she had many alternaive, less hurtful ways of handling this --- I hear no trace of love in her actions and choices, other tan love for herself. yes, you will get through this, and it will hurt awfully in the meantime. At least the hurting is a sign of your normalcy, and will heal.

4
Posted by: HeartBroken | 2003/12/24

Howzit Brother!
Women and there doings!If life just could be simpler.Today's woman just don't know anymore what they want in life.I came out of a six and a half year relationship,blessed with the most beautifull daughter any farther could have asked for.My ex just woke one morning and said she doesn't love me anymore.Shit happens.Now there is a couple of things you could try.
1.When ever you see her be nice and supportive-always end the converstaion with"I still love you!".Regardless if she quickly moved on or not.
2.If you try your upmost best of convincing her to try again and it fails-tell her"Your love for her is enough for you to live on even if it means not together.
3.Dust yourself off and work on your short comings.

I personally feel that there is some LUNAR activity around us making woman so stupid and independant that they make @#$%^&^&^ decisions.THERE LOSS!

Reply to HeartBroken
Posted by: Survivor | 2003/12/17

I have just come out of an 8 year relationship that ended because my fiance couldn't decide if he loved me, wanted to marry me etc.
It is very, very hard but if you think about it objectively you realise that you don't actually want to be with a person that doesn't want to be with you. I think that for the most part people are cowards and don't come right out and say why they are breaking up with you - namely they don't love you anymore, so they try make it look like they're just confused.... ho hum, what an old trick!!
Good luck - in a few months time hopefully you will be able to realise that you are actually better off without her.

Reply to Survivor
Posted by: bkn | 2003/12/16

I tell you my friend, its is such a difficult thing. I am in the same situation.................and wish i never had feelings. Im told it gets better in time. At least thats something to hold on to.

Reply to bkn
Posted by: Sorry | 2003/12/12

She doesn't love you anymore.Just work your way towards moving on.GUDLUCK.

Reply to Sorry