Question
Posted by: BIBI | 2004/10/26

broccoli

your article today is great, with regards to all the good stuff in certain foods i.e. cranberries/brocolli etc I would just like to confirm that frozen vegetables still contain all the good stuff that fresh veggies from a veg shop like fruit and veg contain? Does the freezing process destroy all or some of the nutrients. I cannot always buy fresh produce and it goes off after a week so buying frozen veg is easier but I do not want my 1 yr old to lack in nutrients. Pls advise on frozen veg?

Secondly and lastly where can i get pure cranberry juice from? or is the liqui fruit that says cranberry pure?

Dear Bibi
Any type of processing such as freezing may reduce the vitamin content of a food slightly, but foods like broccoli, cranberries, strawberries, and other berries have such a high content of vitamin C for example that the small amount lost via freezing is not serious. Any by making use of frozen foods you gain the advantage of having these foods readily available all year round. I am not sure where you can buy pure cranberry juice, the Liquifruit products are a blend of fruit juices and cranberry juice and Ceres make a cranberry & rooibos juice called Ceres Plus that has been awarded the CANSA food emblem because it is enriched with additional vitamins and minerals.
Enjoy