Question
Posted by: desirer2005 | 2005/12/08

BRING BACK ORIGINAL SKIN COLOR.

DEAR DOC,
I HAD AN ACCIDENT BY FIRE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WHEN I BURNT BOTH MY LEGS BADLY. NOW MY SKIN HAS GROWN BACK BUT THE COLOR IS BABY PINK THAT LOOKS VERY AWKWARD. HOW CAN I GET THE ORIGINAL COLOR BACK TO AVOID CURIOUS GAZES.
THANK YOU.
DESIRER2005

Dear Desirer2005,
Unfortunately you probably lost the upper layer of your skin that has the pigmentation in it. It will probably never come back. If you are light skinned you can try and camouflage the areas with make-up, and if you are dark skinned a skin graft may be an option - where you transplant a "mesh" of your healthy skin onto the area. You'll have to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon to discuss the options.