Question
Posted by: Lala | 2004/03/01

Bridge baby

Forum,I would like to ask a question.I am 6 months now and I went for a scan/check up on Sat.My doctor could not see what my baby was cause he told me the bay was a bridge.My question is if the baby is a bridge what is the cause and what could be done to rectify the way the baby is lying.I am real worried I love my baby I asked him and he never gave me any specific answer or to say satisfying answer.Pls help me here and tell me if I am doing something wrong or what can I do to in this case.I'm gonna see him every two weeks now.My next app is on the 13 March.

You mean breech. At 6 months this is quite normal. Babies change position every few days. It is only after 34 weeks that they settle into the final position.

9
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/03

Hi everyone, i just went for my checkup today and my Gynae told me that my baby is in breech position at 33 weeks, is there a posibility that she will turn or i should just prepare for ceasar

Posted by: mary | 2013/08/26

Hi i have a similar report at 27weeks from a doctor of a breech but more to that even the placenta is not in its right position instead its facing the cervix. what could all this coz the doctor didnt give any possible cause but just i keep monitoring for any abnormalities like bleeding. Pliz advise.

Reply to mary
Posted by: Lala | 2004/03/02

Thank you so much to all of you.I am relived now.The way I was so scared,I could'nt even hear if that was a bridge or a breech.This is all new to me even the vocab that the doctors use.I really wish my baby could turn and be in a right position.I know I can rely on my favourite forum.

Reply to Lala
Posted by: Milo | 2004/03/01

Lala and the others

My first child was a breech and was delivered normal. My second born a breech also due his weight I had to do a ceaser. The doc did tell me he was a trasverse section and he turned out to be a breech. It only depends on the body weight. If I did it you can. Nothing wrong with you my dear those are just the miracles of birth.

Keep well.

Reply to Milo
Posted by: Dionè | 2004/03/01

Hi Zynelle, after posting this I only noticed your post. Thanks a mill

Reply to Dionè
Posted by: Dionè | 2004/03/01

Kippie / anyone, matter of curiousity. As per my previous posting to your "sleeping" message. At how many weeks should baby be turned. I was at my gynie last week and baby has not turned yet. He informed me that if she hasn't turned by next week (next appointment) he'll have to consider a ceasar. He does not want to try and move her with his hands due to the fact that I don't have a lot of 'vrugwater'. Any info would be welcome!

Reply to Dionè
Posted by: Zynelle | 2004/03/01

Kippie, I am attending ante-natal classes now, and the lady that gives these classes warned
us not to ever let the doc turn your baby, because in doing so he/she might be turning the baby
and wrapping the "cord" around the neck and it can be very dangerous. I thought I would just share this with you and others that are reading don't let anybody do that. With a first pregnancy it is the rule that you baby must lie ready at 36weeks or else you will have to have a c-section. But the baby will turn if it want's to (as you said Kippie) don't force it, you just go for a c-section then. I'm not afraid of either methods of birth, as long as my child is safe.
Nice Day!

Reply to Zynelle
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/01

I have read that the baby has up to 32 weeks to turn. Thereafter the doc will probably try and turn it manually (from your belly).
If this does not help, you will need a ceasar.

Your doc probably has his reasons, but why would he like to see you every 2 weeks when you are only 6 months pregnant?

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Lindy | 2004/03/01

Hi lala

I assume you mean breech. This means that the baby is lying with its head to the top instead of down. If you are only 6 months now there shouldnt be any problem because there is still more that enough time for the baby to turn and will probably do so a few times still. You havent done anything wrong and cant do anything about it. Baby will turn if and when its ready. If it doesnt turn at all then your doctor will monitor it and you will probably need a ceasar.

Reply to Lindy