Question
Posted by: Justice | 2007/08/21

breathing problem

I have for quite a while now been having a problem while I sleep. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I can feel like Im awake but I cant breathe and I cant move my body, until a few seconds later when I am fine. What is happening to me? Is there a condition such as the one I have just described to you? Its really scary, please help and advise...

Im 25 years old, in very good physical condition. I just cant understand why this is happening...?

Dear Justice
Yes there is such a condition called sleep paralysis - read this article.
http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html
although it is uncomfortable , it is not dangerous or harmful.