Question
Posted by: Breather | 2004/01/13

Breathing Problem

Hi CyberDoc.

In this last week I have been having breathing problems(to me at least ...as this is not normal).

It is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best.
It happens on & off where I actaully have to breath in quite hard to actually feel like I am breathing.
When I breath it feels a tight (uncomfortable) feeling in my chest...where I feel like I am running out of air.
It normally happens when it is quite hot & humid....

I am not asmatic & I do not suffer from any allergies....so this really concerns me.

Do you know what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Breather, it might be due to anxiety/stress, but it might also be due to undiagnosed asthma, allergies or lung problems. The best would be to see your doctor and maybe even to have lung function tests done. Good luck.