Question
Posted by: pain | 2004/03/12

breathing

hi,,pls cud u advise me,,i do lots of situps and pushups,,,,but after that i tend to get a sharp pain in the middle of my chest,,its a strange pain,,,whereby if i breathe it really hurts,,,i have to like breathe in an out real slow,,,its like not a pain towards the heart or anything its like jus in the middel of the diapraphm,along the trachea,is this common or do u tink its is something serious

I think that in general, any pain that occurs when it shouldn't is worth looking into, and I do think that a doctor's opinion would be well advised. I can't say for sure that it's nothing serious, and I can't say that it is. It's certainly not common, and so for that reason I would suggest seeing a doctor.

1
Posted by: ED | 2004/03/12

I am not an expert, but had the same symptoms last year November. A week later I was admitted to hospital for the removal of Gallstones.

Take care

Reply to ED