Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2005/12/15

breathes per minute

Hi Doc. How many breathes should one take per minute? I feel like I cant get air, very short of breathe. Counted that I do 35 breathes per minute. Is this normal or excessive? I also have extreme hair loss at the moment. Could this be a symptom of stress? Please advice. Thanks

Dear Scorpio,
The number of breaths are not so important but the volume of air that you get into your lungs are. Please let your GP refer you for a lungfunction test. The hair loss could also be because of stress, low iron, or a skin disease and he'll have to look at it for you.