Question
Posted by: donnak | 2006/07/23

breath in or out

i am a woman of 51 years old weigh 410 lbs. do i breath in when i am lifting the weight up and out when im putting the weight down. please help, thank you donnak

Expert ImageArchive

Firstly, at 410 pounds I would seriously suggest you go on diet and lose a lot of weight before you attempt any hard exercise as you are a prime candidate for an exercise induced heart attack. There is plenty of advice about diet on the Health 24 web site, but go to http://www.zoneperfect.com/nutrition_getting_zone.aspx for more info on an exceptionally good eating plan I have been following for years now.

Moderate exercise like weight training and walking or cycling is fine to help you lose the weight. When you are breathing during weight training, you inhale when you are in the passive part of the movement, i.e. not lifting the weight, but putting it down, and exhale as you lift the weight and exert effort to do that. This will help you to generate more power and lift the weight easier.

Jonathan

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." - Lao Tse (Chinese sage)

P.S. Would you like to create wealth fast? And not only material wealth - I'm talking about finding a healthier, wealthier, wiser and more balanced way to live. If you are, visit www.wealthsystem.co.za, or simply reply to this email to let me know and I will be in touch with you to tell you how you can do it.

Phone: +27 (0)11 616-5930
Fax: 086-615-7442
Cell: 083-964-9065
Email: jq@lifebuild.com
Web: www.lifebuild.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why not join our Members Club to get f-ree downloads of ebooks, Lifebuilder, our bi-weekly ezine, and other great resources to help you build your life? Go to www.lifebuild.com/membersclub now to join F-REE!

1
Posted by: ICE | 2006/08/07

You should breath in when you're lifting the weight and out when you putting it down.

Reply to ICE