Question
Posted by: M&M | 2004/10/20

Breasts burning pain, swollen & huge

Good day,
For the past week I had burning pain in my right breast - underneath at the beginning of the breast and in my nipple. The pain is in the breast and only when I move or touch it or sleep on my sides. I have picked up some weight this year. What worries me is that I had always small "pap" breasts. Now it is huge, hard, swollen, thick - like a pregnant woman's breasts with milk in it. I have my periods right now and I have been sterilised with a ceserean 2 years ago. I have never breast fed my children as it was to painful and when I tried nothing would come out. The doctor find no lumps and suggested a mammograph. What can it be? Menopause, pregnancy?? I am 36 years old. The doctor has given me antibiotics. It will probably take about a month before I can go for the mammograph.

It sounds like an inflammed breast- maybe mastitis. Should settle on antibiotics otherwise reconsult

1
Posted by: anom | 2004/10/20

Hi M&M

I would suggest you get a second opinion from another Dr. Even though when you gain weight breasts can be enlarged and sore, but again go to another Dr.

Good Luck Gal!

Reply to anom