Question
Posted by: van | 2007/03/06

breastfeeding

I am breastfeeding and would like to know if I can use Pure Protein shakes ?

Dear Van
You can probably use Pure Protein shakes, but do check on the label of this product, if it contains any additives that can have negative effects on the baby (e.g. synephrine, chromium, etc). It should only contain milk and/or whey powder, some sweetener, some flavourants and possibly added vitamins and minerals. It is always better to: a) eat a normal balanced diet when breastfeeding, b) avoid any ingredients that can be excreted in breast milk and thus affect the baby.
Enjoy the baby