Question
Posted by: shy | 2004/02/12

breastfeeding

i am breastfeeding and i would like to loose weight, i am going to the gym but getting no results, is there some thing that i could take to help me?

Dear Shy
By breastfeeding you are giving your baby the very best start in life and also preventing him/her from having weight problems in later life. I would not suggest that you take anything like slimming pills and potions while you are still breastfeeding. Reduce your fat intake (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet you can use - just add another 2 cups of fat-free milk a day while breastfeeding) and keep up the exercise at the gym. When you finish breastfeeding (not earlier than 6-9 months if possible), then you can increase your exercise, but at present I would not do anything that will interfere with this important process and dry up your milk.
Keep up the good work