Question
Posted by: John | 2003/03/05

Breast Reduction Please Help

Hi sexologist, i would like some info regarding breast reduction. My girlfriend is looking at this. Discovery says that they wont pay for the op, only if supported by the DOC. But some people say that even if the Doc supports it, Discovery still wont pay. Could you give some Names of Doc's that perform the op and approx. how much it costs.

I can not speak for Discovery Health, so the best would be to talk a case manager and discuss what the requirements will be. Call a Plastic Surgeon in your area and discuss the costs and risks with them.
I have forwarded your query to Discovery Health and if I get a response I will post it on the forum

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/08

How much is a breast reduce and were can i go to get a real good 1 am 16 and i hate the way they look

Posted by: Jay | 2003/03/05

Hi John.

I have seen quite a lot of breasts, about 50% of which were reduced at some stage. Somehow, women are seriosly affected by their breast size. I have noticed the biggest positive change in attitude from women who have had breast reductions (as opposed to enlargements).

A few things that I have picked up:
1. A reduced breast is never 100% true in shape and form, unless you go to the best (and more expensive) boob doctors.
2. Her personality will change for the positive. She will have more confidence.
3. Darker skin will almost always show the operation marks, whilst light skin almost show nothing, if the job was done by a competent surgeon.
4. They always loose sensitivity in the nipple area. Girls recon they have on average 40% to 75% sensitivity left, but some have virtually no sensitivity left.
5. The nipples are more often than not slightly out of position. In some cases, girls have to go back so that the nipple can be moved. Imagine what that do for the sensitivity!
6. Some boob jobs look positively horrendous.
7. Don't even consider it if you cannot afford the best surgeon.

Reply to Jay