Posted by: Ang | 2008/08/08

Breast Reduction

I desperately need a breast reduction. I have done some research and I would qualify for medical reasons. I can no longer run or play with my small children, as they are too big and bounce around and are actually very sore! In summer or if I wear a warm jersey I get a rash underneath. The straps also push deep into my shoulders and give me neck pains … 
What I was wondering is would it be possible to get the medial aid to pay for this? I have heard that if my doctor writes a health motivation they would consider this?

Thank you for visiting

You should consult a plastic surgeon, in order for him/her to write the motivation to your medical aid.

Kind regards

Posted by: BMJ | 2008/08/08

I had a breast reduction in 1993 and my medical aid paid for it in full. My plastic surgeon wrote a letter of motivation. Just have to say that you have to be within 5kg of your goal weight. I weighed 65kgs was 1.75m tall and wore a 42DD. I' m now am a 34C. It is the absolute best thing I ever, ever did for myself and would take out a personal loan of my medical aid wont pay.

Reply to BMJ