Question
Posted by: Ooze | 2004/01/19

breast reduction

i had a reduction in july 2002. I have no feeling in my breast or nipples at all. Also the scars around the nipples have holes which get -|- and sore all the time.. the scarring under the breast is also unsightly.
When I went to the surgeon i warned him that i am severely allergic to micropore and elastoplast. He tape me up with plaster and them micropore and when the surrounding skin blistered we could not tape my wounds. the stitches were removed too soon and the wounds popped open so after 4 weeks of this he stitched them again. He seemed surprised that i didnt need numbing when he stitched again but i told him the breast were completely dead. i have some feeling on top but nothing underneath and around the nipples.

Is this normal ?

I am too scared to return to him but my breast are always sore and tender where i can feel.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Ooze,

If you are not comfortable with returning to the plastic surgeon, please go for a second opinion and advice to another plastic surgeon. It is important that you get the necessary assistance and advice.