Question
Posted by: maryna | 2004/10/23

Breast Problems

hi ,Iam 5months pregnant and just want to know is it normal for breast to stop producing milk,cos my breast stop "growing when i was 3months,is there something wrong with me or what?I look at other pregnant ladies,and they look "normal"(the breast),can you give me advise on why this is happening to my body?Other people look at me and ask if am really pregnant,I've got a big bellie that is growing,but is't only my breast that is still small,my breast size is double AA.

Many women do not produce any milk till close to delivery. Your breasts have increased in size, so there is nothing to worry about.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/25

Don't worry. Your body makes colustrum all the time while you are pregnant, it leaks out in some women, but not all. Between about day 2 and day 5 after giving birth, the colustrum changes to full milk, often referred to as your milk coming in.
My breasts grew at the beginning of my pregnancy, stabilised for a while and grew again in the last trimester, and then just got enormous after giving birth, and then even bigger on day 4.

Contact a lactation consultant who is an expert in human breast feeding and she will explain all to you and set your mind at ease.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: .. | 2004/10/23

Hi Maryna

I'm now 7 months pregnant,and my breast size only went up on size.doc says there's nothing to worry about.at the moment there's only a fluid called colostrum in the breast.milk is only produced+-3 days after birth of baby.
stop worrying everything will be fine.enjoy your pregnancy!!!!

take care

Reply to ..