Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2009/01/12

Breast Pain

I am 50 years old. I had a Breast Augmentation Nov. 1981. I last had a mammogram June 2006 where the Silicone implants were
still fine. In the last 3 years I do have sagging. The last 10 days I have a burning feeling, slight shooting pains that come and go.I am very tender and swollen. Should I be worried? Do you think it is time for the Silicone implants to be removed?

Dear Lulu
It should not be necessary to remove the silicone implants, but you may have another problem like an inflammation in one of the milk glands. Let your GP have a look to see if you need referral to a specialist?