Question
Posted by: Carole | 2007/05/10

breast pain

I have been having a pain in my left breast. it comes out of nowhere and lasts for seconds at a time. should i be concerened? also my left breast is quite a bit bigger than my right one is this normal?

Sorry, guys, but why is it that for the last few days I keep getting purely medical questions that ought to be sent to Cyberdoc ? Is Cyberdoc on holiday ? From my own knowledge, it is actually common that the two breasts differ in size, though a recent CHANGE in their relative sizes would be of more concern ; and there are various possible causes for discomfort or pain in a breast, some serious and some less so, but either way one ought to visit the GP for a proper checkup

2
Posted by: April | 2007/05/10

When last did you self examine your breast checking for any lump. If you are older that 40, its advisable to have a mammogram every year.

Reply to April
Posted by: Maria | 2007/05/10

Perhaps you should post this question to the Gynae or CyberDoc.

Reply to Maria