Question
Posted by: Yolande | 2005/06/13

Breast pain

Been on pill for 3 and a half months. Breasts getting tender, lumpy and larger. Been to gynae last week for check up. All fine - not pregnant. Is this normal? Never suffered real breast pain in my life - not even during my pregnancies. Can one still experience PMS when on the pill? I've been skipping placebos for 3 months for treatment of ovarianc cyst, which thankfully has now disappeared. Could this have effect?

Breast tenderness is one of the side effects of the Pill. You could try Evening Primrose oil. Taking the Pill continuously can give more side effects.