Question
Posted by: nicole | 2003/12/09

breast pain

I am a 27 year old female. I am a normal weight and pretty healthy, but I smoke and drink. I have had a pain in my breast that isn't going away. I went off the pill for 5 months, then went back to it. Since then, my breasts have been tender, but now my left one hurts badly. I had a breast exam 6 mos. ago. Now, my left hand is going numb and sometimes I get pain in my upper left back and armpit. I had 2 mild back injuries that left me with a slight problem. I don't feel any lumps. I'm wondering if this could actually be caused by a pinched nerve or muscular problem that's actually agrivating my breast tenderness.

The breast tenderness is probably due to the Pill, as this is a common side effect. You could try Evening Primrose oil which sometimes helps. The numbness in your hand could be due to a pinched nerve. You should see your doctor about this.