Question
Posted by: Lihle | 2005/12/06

Breast milk

I'm not pregnant or breast feeding and have never breast fed before, I'm however having milk (or should I say white substance coming out of my breasts when I sqeeze them) Is it normal or I have some sort of infection?

Dear Lihle

The condition you are describing is called galactorrhea and is an indiction or a possible indication of an underlying abnormality in prolactin levels. This can easily be confirmed by doing prolactin blood tests. In some cases the prolactin level may be normal despite the problem persisting. In such a case I would recommend that some form of anti-lcatational agent be used such as DOSTINEX or NORPROLAC or PARLODEL. The presence of "breastmilk"an or incearsed prolactin levels may ceratainly interfere with your fertility potential.