Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2007/12/14

Breast implants

I went for breast implants in 2001 and had the incision under the breast. However since then on the one side just above the cut including the nipple are completely numb. Can feeling ever be restored? At times it is painful - a numb dull pain that aches. Very strange and very unpleasent. Can anything be done ? Or am I doomed to have this for life.

When I originally went for the consultation at the surgeon she said that it could be numb after surgery but feeling should return - alas, it never did.

Dear Lilly

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The changes that feeling in this area will be restored, are zero. Nerves grow at a milimeter a month but in your case, this process could have slowed down and that neuroma have formed, which will completely block the growth of the nerves.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Lilly | 2007/12/19

Hi Dr Burger

Thank you for the info - but is there no operation I can go for to remove the "neuroma "? Are there no chances to try and fix this ?

Lilly

Message:
Dear Lilly

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Kind regards

Date: 16/12/2007

Subject: Breast implants
Posted by: Lilly
Message:

Date: 14/12/2007

Reply to Lilly