Question
Posted by: mandy | 2005/12/11

Breast implants

I am 20 and looking at getting breast implants. Would like to know your opinion on this with regards to my body changing when i have children in about 5 to 8 years time... Will it affect breast feeding?

You may find that your breasts enlarge after a pregnancy anyway. Whether you are able to breastfeed or not depends on the type of procedure done. You would need to discuss this with the plastic surgeon.

Best wishesi

1
Posted by: Kate | 2005/12/11

I am now 41 and had breast implants when I was 21 as I was 6 foot tall and very slim with a flat chest. Afterwards I looked and felt great, have never had any problems, but after having kids and naturally filling out a bit my boobs got bigger anyway. Today I wish I knew then what I know now, and I wish I had not done it. Just knowing there are foreign objects stuck in my chest disturbs me, as should there ever be a lump it is far more difficult to detect. I did not breast feed purely out of choice (watched all my friends boobs end up around the waist line) My kids only kew the bottle and they are healthier than any of there breast fed buddies. But I know many woman have brease fed with implants as long as the implant is BEHIND the muscle, then it does not interfere with the function of the milk ducts etc. Unless you are totally flat chested really think about it and only go to the best plastic surgeon and dont go to large. If you have small boobs stick with them, wear a push up bra etc. I think in the end smaller boobs are the best, you can wear anything. Anyway that is my 2c worth, the rest is up to you !!! Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Kate