Posted by: roos | 2008/07/10

breast implant

i have a breast implant due to cancer-i had it in for 10 years-last year it was removed due to capsular contracture-there was nothing wrong with the implant-but i decided to get a new implant at the same time-it took about seven months to heal-i was fine in the summer but during winter now-after i sleep-i get up in morning then my top arm is very stiff and moves into bust area-onlyon side i have the implant-there is no pain-just not comfortable-this lasts for about two hours-i see i also get uncomfortable when i have a hot bath-also i get uncomfortable when i use the treadmill at gym or when i walk a lot-can you suggest a tablet or cream to rub on-is this related to muscles or what

Hallo Roos
I am hesitant to suggest just something to rub on - you can try Voltaren gel but I think you should let your Gp examine the area to exclude infection or leaking of the prosthesis or enlarged lymphglands, or oedema of the arm.