Question
Posted by: Rosa | 2005/07/06

breast feeding

I have a 6 month old baby boy and I recently started work, When I breast feed him in the afternoon he brings out most of the milk that he had but when he is being fed during the day he does not bring out the food the way he does with the breast milk.Could there be something wrong with my milk?
He refuses to drink fomula milk.

Please post to the paediatrician.

2
Posted by: Rosa | 2005/07/06

Thank you very much for that, actually he does bounce a lot wen I finish feeding him. I will be taking him to the clinic for his six month visit, I will inquire about that.

Reply to Rosa
Posted by: Purple | 2005/07/06

No, there will not be anything wrong with your milk.

It is strange that he does this though. However, my son was still posseting breast milk when he was 11 months old and my paed wasn't worried about it. He said its only a worry if he actually vomits and its also his solids coming up.

Remember that even a tiny amount of milk (5ml - one teaspoon), looks like a huge amount when it comes out. Take a teaspoon of cows milk and splat it on your kitchen counter to see what I mean. You'll be very surprised.

If you are worried then give your paed a call or speak with your nurse at your well baby clinic.

Does he bounce around a lot after a feed? That might cause it to come up.

Well done for breast feeding after going back to work. Its tough with all that expressing but so worth it. Soon you wont have to express during the day as baby will reduce the number of feeds to just morning and evening and some night comfort ones.

Reply to Purple