Question
Posted by: Clio | 2004/03/11

Breast Cancer & Abortion

A question out of curiousity.
Is it true that a woman who has had an abortion has an increased risk of having breast cancer than someone who has not? Would the same theory hold true for someone who has miscarried?

Any info on the topic would be highly appreciated.

I have never heard of this. I suspect that it may just be a way of playing with statistics, e.g. women who drive cars have a greater chance of dying. There is no causal link to abortion and breast cancer.

1
Posted by: tata | 2004/03/11

Hey there... Funny enough I learnt this the other day in my antamony prac.

Yes it is true that women who undergoes surgerical (non-natural) abortion has a increase risk of breast cancer, this is because of the sudden drop of hormones in your body that pregnancy gives u.

however it does not apply to miscarriage women, as it is a natural process. (which means the hormones may be not strong enough right from the beginning and that's one of the reason why people can misscarriage- due to the lack of hormones to keep the placenta going).

Hope that help,
Have a great day:)
Tata

Reply to tata