Question
Posted by: dee | 2006/03/31

BREAST CANCER

I have had lumps in my breasts since the age of 32 I am now 38 and have to go for a scan on a 6 monthly basis, however i am no longer on a medical aid and have not been for a scan for over a year. At the last scan their were approximately 7 lumps with the biggest one measuring 16mm x 10mm, I have recently started experiencing pins and needles in my right arm and have detected more lumps in the right breast. I reside in Kwa Zulu Natal and do not know who to see for a scan and/or mammogram. Please advise whether this is serious enough to warrant a hospital visit and if so who will help me. I do not have the necessary funds for expensive hospitals. I am not obese and do regular exercise Thank you for your kind assistance.

The only way to be sure this are not sinister is to go for a medical check-up

1
Posted by: sue | 2006/03/31

You dont say what side of KZN you are on - if near Margate, the Gynae there who would check these things firstly is Dr Brian Hulley - I know he was on leave after having an op, but he may be back by now - he is the best, I live in JHB but go to him once a year when on holiday as I've found no-one to compare to him in Joburg!
his stand in is also very good. They practise from Margate Private Hospital.

Reply to sue